Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Art 1- clay whistles - 8th period

              I recently finished a whistle of the Cheshire Cat off of Alice in Wonderland. It was glazed and i planed to put a ribbon around the hat like in the movie. It took me about a week and a half to create it. I got the idea because Alice in Wonderland is my favorite movie and the Cheshire Cat is equally creepy as he is cute. :) My whistle is pretty heavy but it works great. I am very proud of my project.  It creeps me out every time i look at it because it just has that look to it but it also makes me laugh because i had such a fun time working on it.
             -The Cheshire Cat by Marley
                       I decided to make a frog because it was the closes thing to a circle and it was easy.  It took me a week to make it but it took a little longer to make it whistle.  I like to work with clay but i didn't like it when it didn't whistle all the time but for the most part this was a pretty good project.  The hardest part about the project was trying to make all the legs the same size and shape.  After all the parts were made, assembled, and fired we glazed them.
                      clay whistle frog- by Jordan n

About a month ago we did a project with clay that was a little trying on my patients. We had to make a clay whistle and it had to whistle. I did my mine as a dinosaur. I enjoyed the project mostly except trying to keep it whistling and I had a leg on it that kept coming off. Other wise it was a very fun project. I plan on entering it in the Denver art show.
                 Clay Whistle Dinosaur By: Brittany Austin

No comments: