Thursday, November 18, 2010

Art 1 - 8th period - Grid Drawings

By Abigail T.
     This is a piece I shadd using regular pencils, dark pieces of lead, then paper towels and blending stumps to blend. This specific project I chose out of the pictures my cousin had taken in black and white. I had seen this soccer goal and ball when I saw him once and it stuck in my mind. I usually choose my inspiration pieces, or in this case my original version, according to my interest in the subject and how it relates to me personally.
     The first reason for my choice this time was that it was my cousin's photo. I also knew that I loved how the background was unimportant; how the goal and soccer ball are both very clear, and standout. The other aspect of the picture I liked, that related to me personally, was the ice on the ground and the icicles on the net. This is because I know my cousin took this picture during the 2008 ice storm, which was a week-long roller coaster experience for me. I thoroughly enjoyed sketching and shading this project, even if it was tedious work.

By Cody M.
 The picture I did was of a mallard duck in the water that i found on the internet so I decided to redo it for my piece of art. It was all about shading so we used a shading pencil, blending stumps, and I used a eraser to highlight some of the picture. Over all I think I did a nice job on it and I had a lot of people telling me I did good on it too. It was hard to do at times but I liked the contrast on the final piece.

By Hannah T.

I shaded this rose using a normal pencil, graphite, a blending stump, and a piece of paper towel and eraser to blend it all together. I started out by putting a grid on the original picture and than drew one on the piece of paper I would be drawing on. This helped me enlarge my rose more accurately and get everything in its right spot. I than sketched it all out and started blending and shading. When I was done I went back with an eraser to make the highlights.
   I chose a rose because I like flowers and it was a good challenge because of all the different dark and light areas. This has been my favorite piece of art so far this year!


This is a picture of a dodge viper I shaded using a pencil, eraser, blending stump, and paper towels. I used a grid to help draw out the outline of the car. After was done with the outline of the car I shaded it in. I chose the car because it is something I like and it would still be a challenge. I've gotten a lot of complements on it. I also thought I did a nice job on it.  Kyle



The project I am telling about is my grid drawing project. I was assigned to choose a photograph from either the Internet or my house. I chose to look through old pictures at my house because I knew my sister's birthday was coming up and it would be thoughtful of me to make a piece of art for her. I found a photograph of us when we were little when she was 9 years old while I was 5 years old. This picture was when we got our hair dressed up at a beauty salon for her birthday party.
 I used pencils and graphite blocks to draw out the image and used blending stumps and toilet paper to blend it all the way I wanted. I spent about two or three weeks working on this piece at school and in my own spare time. I thought it turned out great. It was a total surprise to her and she loved it. My sister is in college right now and my portrait of us is hanging on her dorm-room wall.
Made by Megan F.


by Lexi R.


     This is my grid drawing project. We had the option of whatever photo we wanted. I was on Google when I found this one. I chose this picture because I thought it was simple and really beautiful. I usually choose my pictures or subjects randomly, as long as they have some sort of personal connection to me. 
     I completed this project by first covering the original picture with a transparent grid and getting all of my measurements out. After that, I sketched the outlines of her dress, arms, and the bow. I used straight pencils and graphite blocks for the shading and outlines, and I used a blending stump and paper tissue for the blending of the edges and shadows. I absolutely love the outcome.
     My parents were shocked and so proud of me when I brought this home! They're thinking of getting it framed? :)






For this drawing i took a picture and put a grid on it. the goal was to blow it up on to a larger page of paper while still having the right sizes. I choose this picture because I liked the range of dark and light. I also like what the picture stand for, how the people all come together in a harmony that they put in a picture. You must be careful to keep your lights and dark spaces clear. If you can put in as much detail as you can your picture will look way better then a simple pice.
I had a lot of fun on this picture. I used pencil and graphite to create this. Blending stumps and toilet paper paper help to soften the marks and make different shades of gray. There are different types of pencils they have some different hardness to the graphite block. The softer ones give you a darker streak then the harder ones that will be lighter. The graphite is very soft and will gibe you the darkest shade. It is good for shadows and dark areas.
By: Breanne O.

No comments: