Wednesday, May 13, 2009

painting class - canvas painting

When I was given this project I was given the biggest canvas in the class. I decided to paint my barn. I first started with the clouds. I moved on to the grass mixing two different kinds of greens and a gold yellow. I started to paint my barn with red and gray. I took the most time with my tree. I mixed many different kinds of brown and green. The weeds under the tree was mixed with two tones of brown and white. I was planning to give this painting to my Grandma.

When given this project we had to choose a canvas size that we wanted to paint on. I wanted to do the smallest size which meant that I had to do two small canvases. I was browsing other artists paintings when I found paintings of these little "people" and I really wanted to recreate them. Since I was doing two I wanted them to look alike, but still be opposites when I was done. I used metallic paint for the swirls and then used the opposite color that the other painting had to paint the background. I really liked painting these and I can't wait to hang them up in my room.

For this project, we had to paint on canvas. I like it a lot better than painting on paper because if it streaks, it isn't as noticeable. The people I painted were Cody Austin and me. I like how the shading on the clothing turned out, but I am disappointed that the faces don't look more like ours. Maddie

When painting this, I tried to give it a more geometric theme. I was trying to make a painting that had looked like an Aztec design. I chose to make the two opposing colors in order to balance it and draw attention to the center, where the colors contrast the most. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. -Devon E.

This painting is something I had to do because I feel landscapes are my best subject. It had a few white spots that were hard to fill but evantually i got them covered. I am pretty happy with the way this painting turned out. - Sam S.

This canvas painting project was a lot of fun for me because I got to paint on something bigger then usual. What I decided to paint was a collage of different things from Las Vegas. I used a lot of metallic paints to show the sparkle of the lights in Las Vegas. My favorite part of the painting would have to be the dice because they have a very 3D look to them and I love the shading. The hardest part of this painting was painting the background because it took so much paint and it was hard to cover up the white spots. But in the end I am very happy with this painting. - Danielle F.

For this assignment we got to pick a photo of our choice and transfer it to the canvas. For mine I chose to paint the church and the San Jose Mission in San Jose, Texas. It was so pretty I just couldn't resist. I think it turned out very wonderful. I wish the garden would have turned out a bit different but, oh well. I still think it looks pretty cool. :] ~ Jordyn V.

I call this Le Frog MonJet. It is a french rain forest frog . I used these colors because they are bold and beautiful. Let me point out that there are currently no rain forests in france, but someday there will be and rest assured, this frog will be in it. I hope you enjoy this canvas painting. -HailieAnn Marie M.

No comments: